Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Private Mark Anthony Graham
1 RCR
4 September 2006
Killed by U.S. A-10 attack aircraft.
Mark Graham was an Olympic runner whose best friend was a soldier who spoke at the memorial service. Pte. Adam White tearfully recalled a man who was always there for him.
“I remember one night when we were talking about how much I missed my girlfriend and whether joining the army was the right decision for me, Mark eased my mind by reading me a Bible verse that I had tattooed on my arm because it meant so much,” White said.
Mark is running with angels now.
National Post Article
Details at National Post
National Post Article about the memorial service (quoted here)
A-10A Friendly Fire Board of Inquiry Findings released [DND News Release - 13 July 2007]
Statement by Lieutenant-General Michel Gauthier, Commander Canadian Expeditionary Force Command [DND Statement - 13 July 2007]
Statement Released at the Request and on Behalf of the Graham Family [DND Statement - 13 July 2007]
4 September 2006
Killed by U.S. A-10 attack aircraft.
Mark Graham was an Olympic runner whose best friend was a soldier who spoke at the memorial service. Pte. Adam White tearfully recalled a man who was always there for him.
“I remember one night when we were talking about how much I missed my girlfriend and whether joining the army was the right decision for me, Mark eased my mind by reading me a Bible verse that I had tattooed on my arm because it meant so much,” White said.
Mark is running with angels now.
National Post Article
Details at National Post
National Post Article about the memorial service (quoted here)
A-10A Friendly Fire Board of Inquiry Findings released [DND News Release - 13 July 2007]
Statement by Lieutenant-General Michel Gauthier, Commander Canadian Expeditionary Force Command [DND Statement - 13 July 2007]
Statement Released at the Request and on Behalf of the Graham Family [DND Statement - 13 July 2007]