Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Lieutenant William Turner
(Land Force Western Area Headquarters [LFWA])
22 April 2006
All four died when their armoured jeep struck improvised explosive device North of Kandahar.
Lt Turner was a man who, even after a a few short hours, commanded respect for his knowledge, abilities, and mature bearing. From the comments, "Let us all endevour to hold ourselves to the ideals and principles that he will always embody...Pro Patria"
CBC Article, CBC Article, CTV Article
22 April 2006
All four died when their armoured jeep struck improvised explosive device North of Kandahar.
Lt Turner was a man who, even after a a few short hours, commanded respect for his knowledge, abilities, and mature bearing. From the comments, "Let us all endevour to hold ourselves to the ideals and principles that he will always embody...Pro Patria"
CBC Article, CBC Article, CTV Article
Comments:
<< Home
I met Bill Turner last November in Toronto, he attended an informal training session that I was holding. Even though I had only spent a few short hours with him, I developed a respect for his knowledge and abilities, and no offence to any Officers reading this, I remarked that he seemed more like a seasoned NCO, than a Junior Officer. Before the end of the evening, I was informed that it had once been so. The subject matter was close quarter defensive tactics, and we parted with my wish for him to return safe, our little circle of "family' was struck with grief when we heard the news of his demise, another fine person, spent in the cost of so much we hold dear.
Let us all endevour to hold ourselves to the ideals and principles that he will always embody.
Pro Patria
Post a Comment
Let us all endevour to hold ourselves to the ideals and principles that he will always embody.
Pro Patria
<< Home
